2019 Sessions Calendar
Desiree Dorion's is one of Manitoba's most celebrated female country artists. Her writing is darkly beautiful and introspective. She has had multiple #1 songs on the National Indigenous Music Countdown and has landed on the Canadian Country music charts.
Desiree and Chris Burke-Gaffney won “Songwriter of the Year” at the Manitoba Country Music Awards for “Whiskey Knows.” Dorion also received a Songwriter of the Year nomination at the 2017 Canadian Folk Music Awards and an Honourable Mention at the International Songwriting Competition for “Whiskey Knows.”
Desiree has toured coast to coast, with performances from Prince George, British Columbia to St. John’s, Newfoundland. She is on the cusp of releasing brand new music, produced by Chris Burke-Gaffney (Chantel Kreviazuk, Petric, Sierra Noble). Dorion's previous albums have garnered the following awards and nominations:
• 2018 Manitoba Country Music Award – Female Artist of the Year & Aboriginal Artist of the Year;
• 2018 WCMA Award nomination – Indigenous Artist of the Year;
• 2018 Indigenous Music Award – Country Album of the Year;
• 2017 International Songwriting Competition – honorable mention
• 2017 Songwriter of the Year – Manitoba country Music Awards;
• 2014 JUNO Awards;
• 2014 WCMA Awards’
Kansas-Lee with October Poppy
Peachland Art Gallery - Saturday, July 27
Singer, songwriter, Kansas Lee based out of Osoyoos performed before her mother to an enthusiastic crowd at a Gallery Sessions concert last Saturday, July 27 at the Peachland Art Gallery.
Performing on both piano and guitar she was preceded by singer songwriter October Poppy on acoustic guitar for a highly entertaining evening.